Monday, September 20, 2010

Back to School Blues

I don't know about you, but I was really excited that the summer was finally over! The kids are back in school! I've got my apartment back. I've got my sanity back! .... at least until 3:00pm! Then my peace and quiet is over until 10:00pm.

Between homework, housework, dinner, showers, and reading - I feel liked I've been hijacked! Not to mention PTA meetings, gymnastics, chess club, garden club, running club ....... I'm about to Club Myself!! What was I thinking??? Why was I bemoaning the long summer days? I think the heat gave me 'selective memory'!

School is hard! And I don't just mean getting your kids to do their homework! Getting up early - hard! Getting everyone fed and dressed - really hard! Getting everyone out of the house on time - really, really hard! Getting your kids to brush their teeth - really, really, really hard! Keeping your cool and sense of humor throughout - REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY HARD!!!

So ... if you see me crying over my cup of 'Joe' - don't worry! It's just the 'Back to School Blues'!

2 comments:

Edword B said...

I hear you.
It is a whole new way of being, all over again...

Playhouses said...

totally right ^^ atleast for the next few years!
Simon - Playhouses